Borough of Brielle, NJ
| February 3rd, 2017
Request for Proposal - Improvements to Water Utilities
|BOROUGH OF BRIELLE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR
INSPECTION & REPAINTING OF THE UNION
LANE WATER GROUND LEVEL STORAGE
TANK CAPACITY 500,000 GALLONS &
ANCILLARY IMPROVEMENTS TO UNION
LANE WATER TREATMENT PLANT
Due March 1st 2017 @ 11:00 am
Release Date February 3rd, 2017
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. INVITATION TO RESPOND TO REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
II. RFP PROCESS
IV. SCOPE OF WORK
V. PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
VI. RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOROUGH OF BRIELLE
VII. PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
VIII. PROJECT SCHEDULE
IX. SELECTION CRITERIA
Exhibit A-Site Map
I. INVITATION TO RESPOND TO REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Proposal package must be submitted in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as follows:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR ENGINEERING SERVICES
PROJECT NAME: DEMOLITION OF THE OLD BRIDGE WATER STORAGE TANK
Proposals submitted by mail must meet the same requirements as hand delivered submittals and should be addressed as follows:
FOR REPAINTING OF UNION LANE WATER STORAGE TANK & ANCILLARY IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WATER TREATMENT PLANT IN THE BOROUGH OF BRIELLE
C/O MUNICIPAL CLERK
601 UNION LANE
P.O. BOX 445
BRIELLE, N.J. 08730
The deadline for submittal is Wednesday, March 1st @ 11:00am. Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted for any reason. The Borough will not accept faxed or e-mailed proposals. The official clock shall be that of the Municipal Clerk.
Three (3) copies of the written proposal package of reproducible quality must be submitted.
All project updates and/or Addenda, if any, shall be posted on the Borough of Brielle's website at www.briellenj.com under Current RFP Repainting of Water Storage Tank. It is the responsibility of the proposer to obtain this information from the Borough website.
All procurement procedures are subject to the Borough of Brielle's procurement policy that complies with all the requirements of N.J.S.A.40A:11-1 et. Seq. "LOCAL PUBLIC CONTRACTS LAW".
Questions regarding this Request For Proposal (RFP) should be submitted in writing to Michael McArthur, Water Plant Operator c/o Thomas Nolan, Administrator, via e-mail email@example.com later than 4:00pm EST on Friday, February 17th, 2017. All submittals shall include the following:
REPAINTING WATER STORAGE WATER STORAGE TANK
Answers to questions shall be posted on the Borough's website @ www.briellenj.com under Current RFP Repainting Water Storage Tank as an addendum no later than 4:00pm EST on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017. No questions shall be accepted after the aforementioned deadline.
II. RFP PROCESS:
The Borough of Brielle will conduct the selection of an experienced firm in providing Design, Planning, Permitting, Bidding, Construction Management and Inspection services as described in this RFP. Award of this project shall be handled in the following manner:
1. This RFP document has been sent to firms selected based on their reputation and the location of offices or branch offices within the State of New Jersey.
2. Submittals will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the Council's Public Resources Committee, the Water Plant Operator and the Borough Administrator.
3. At the conclusion of the process the selected firm shall be recommended to the full Council and a contract awarded by resolution of the Governing Body. The Council may wish the selected firm to make a formal presentation to the full Governing Body prior to the award being made.
The Borough of Brielle is an incorporated municipality with a population of approximately 5,000. The Borough is located in the southern most section of Monmouth County and is primarily a residential community.
The Borough is currently soliciting proposals to provide civil engineering design services for the repainting of an existing 500,000 gallon water storage tank located on municipality property located at 629 Union Lane.
The engineering firm that responds to this RFP should have a minimum of five years of experience in engineering, preparation of plans and specifications, inspection services and in the design, construction and maintenance of ground water storage tanks. The firm selected shall also demonstrate experience in interaction with the New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust Fund (NJEIT), the anticipated source of funding for the project.
The Borough intends to enter into a contract with the selected consultant during 2017 calendar year. It is anticipated that the work will take place during the 2017-2018 calendar year.
IV. SCOPE OF WORK
Provide engineering services to repaint a 500,000 gallon ground level potable water tank, and to inspect the tank to ensure that all mechanical attachments are up to current code and that both the interior and exterior coating systems are renewed. The engineer shall also design improvements to optimize daily use of water supply resources and infrastructure assets to provide for a redundant supply of potable water for approximately two thousand (2,000) customers. Water received from the New Jersey Water Supply Authority (420mgd) should be used in a more efficient manner by revised timing and control schemes to mitigate any interference to the operation of the transfer pumps between the rate of graded ascent between the Lower and Upper service areas. The piping, valves and controls that permit discharge of Wells #1 and #2, located at Union Lane, should be simplified to allow discharge directly into the 500,000 gallon ground level tank and/or the distribution system. The method by which process chemicals are fed into the system should be upgraded within the current footprint of the treatment plant.
The consultant will be required to provide construction management and quality control inspections during field installation.
Consultant will be required to file permits on behalf of the Borough and to coordinate with local, county, state, federal and other public utility agencies as applicable. Permit fees will be paid by the Borough of Brielle.
The consultant’s scope of work will generally include the following:
1. The consultant shall produce a subsurface geotechnical study of the site prepared by a geotechnical engineer licensed in the State of New Jersey.
2. The consultant shall prepare and provide all necessary bid documents and drawings for the tower, foundations, and accessories as follows: All civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation drawings.
3. The consultant shall prepare a Project Manual including both General Conditions and Technical Specifications and all NJEIT required documentation.
4. Provide a preliminary (60% design) and final engineering estimate (100% design) of the construction of new elevated water tank.
5. Manage a pre bid meeting at the Owner's facility.
6. Provide bidding support services including responding to bidder's questions, preparation of addendum, assist in receipt of bids, analysis of bids received, and assist in award of the construction contract.
7. Provide construction administration services including field progress reports, preconstruction and construction meeting minutes, review and approval of submittals, response to RFPs, review of contractor's payment requests, change order review and closeout documentation: punch list, as-builds, 0 & M manuals. Allow for ten (10) construction meetings which will be held once a month.
8. Provide inspection of water tank installation. The inspectors assigned to the work in the field are required to be experienced NACE Certified inspectors. Experienced welding inspectors are required to be AWS Certified Welding Inspectors working under the direction of a NJ licensed structural engineer. Inspectors must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience. Submit inspection reports. Allow for ten (10) tank inspections.
9. Coordinate with Borough’s staff, County, State and other public utility agencies.
10. Provide all services for the submission of reimbursement forms to NJEIT as required.
V. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOROUGH
1. Provide boundary and topographic survey of the site.
VI. PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
Submit proposal package in a sealed envelope to include the following:
1. Letter of Interest
2. Summary of Qualifications and Experience
3. Short bio of key staff directly involved in this project
4. Hourly rate sheet by title. Hourly rates shall include overhead and profit
5. Reimbursable expenses include cost of document reproduction only. All other overhead expenses such as insurance, Borough's business license, mileage, meals, etc. will not be reimbursed and are to be included as part of the hourly rates.
6. Consultant shall submit a lump sum proposal with all design, construction management and inspection services fees itemized. Include a total estimate of hours for each phase: design, construction management and inspection with their associated hourly labor fees
7. Lump sum fee must include plans and specifications reproduction
8. All costs incurred in preparing this proposal will be the responsibility of the Consultant.
9. Documentation of compliance with P.L. 1975,C.127 & N.J.A.C. 17:27. The Borough under terms of an agreement, at its option, may make deductions, cancellation, termination or forfeiture, as provided for in N.J.S.A. 10:20-1.
VII. PROJECT SCHEDULE
Release of RFP February 2nd, 2017
Dead line for submitting questions. February 17th, 2017
RFP Submission deadline March 1st, 2017
Consideration by Committee & Selection Week of March 6th, 2017
Approval of selected firm March 13th, 2017
The project design is to begin within ten (10) days of the award of contract and to be completed no later than June 15th, 2017.
VIII. SELECTION CRITERIA
Proposals will be evaluated and pre-selected for Council approval on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Letter of Interest
Provide a statement of the Consultant's understanding of the project. Discuss compliance with AWWA, NACE, ASTM, AWS and OSHA as well as other applicable standards. State your quality assurance and control (QAIQC) approach to this project.
2. Project Related Experience
Submit a summary of qualifications and a list of similar projects successfully completed including owner's representative name and phone number, project cost and duration.
3. Personnel Assigned to Project Submit list of key staff directly assigned to the project and a short bio.
4. Consulting Fee
The Borough reserves the right to negotiate the fee seeking the best qualified consultant offering the most economical fee for the preeminent interest of Borough of Brielle.
A. Exhibit A-Site Map